Empire: A Personal History of British Domination
1. The Falkland Islands are home to approximately 600,000 sheep.
2. German tourists, Gnome Garden, Stanley, Falkland Islands.
3. The Victory was the first pub to have a CD jukebox in Stanley, a feature that arrived in 1991.
4. Edinburgh of the Seven Seas (known locally as “The Settlement”).
5. Opening hours are limited, and supplies are reliant upon ships arriving from Cape Town.
6. There are seven surnames on the island. These five boys share just two of them.
7. Pyramid Point. Used by NASA for testing moon buggies in 1971.
8. The First Garrison, Green Mountain.
9. Sunday Best. Lesley Williams and his wife Beatrice attend the Sandy Bay Baptist Chapel Sunday morning service each week.
10. St Helena Day 2013, Jamestown. Each year St Helena Day is marked on May 21, celebrating the day of the island’s discovery.